HRT Music Streamer HD USB D/A processor
The Music Streamer HD is built into a lightweight aluminum extrusion 5.5" long and 3.5" wide, with plastic endcaps molded to suggest the same texture as the case's finish. One end is devoted to analog connections, with RCA jacks for single-ended signals, and a pair of XLR sockets for people whose systems can accept fully balanced signals: one of the new DAC's calling cards. The other end is home to a USB type B input jack, a bee-stinger–sized switch for selecting from USB 2.0 to 1.0, for those with older computers, and two groupings of indicator lights: a six-light bank for the common sampling rates from 44.1 to 192kHz, and three lights indicating 16 bits, 24 bits, and mute.
- Fully differential (balanced) internal signal path.
- Balanced (XLR) and single ended (RCA) outputs.
- 24 Bit operation.
- Supports 44k1, 48k, 88k2, 96k, 176k4 & 192k sample rates.
- End plate LED indicators identify sample rate and bit depth.
- Plug and play using selectable audio class 1.0 or 2.0 operation.
- USB Powered.
- Galvanic isolation of digital and analog stages.
- Asynchronous Mode Operation eliminates timing errors (jitter).
- Upstream Utility for fast firmware upgrades.